Socialism is for perfect people, Capitalism is for people as they are.
About NYU DRI
The Development Research Institute (DRI) is devoted to rigorous, scholarly research on the economic development and growth of poor countries. An independent and non-partisan organization, DRI is led by NYU Professors William Easterly and Yaw Nyarko and is home to a growing team of researchers. The organization is affiliated with NYU Africa House and the Center for Technology and Economic Development in Abu Dhabi.
Work at DRI
- Consensus driven, simple, numerical targets were both the strength and the weakness of the MDGs. bit.ly/12pLFML via @guardian 6 hours ago
- "There must be a lot of money laundering, but we're not criminals. We're just making life more convenient." bit.ly/10JChFh @reuters 7 hours ago
- Where is the line between marketing social impact and exploitation? | bit.ly/18QbESo via @Thehumanosphere 3 days ago
- Why the rise in global trade may have less to do with policy and more to do with metal boxes. bit.ly/12GWCKb via @TheEconomist 3 days ago
- The only immigration policy Congress agrees on is to keep admitting fashion models bit.ly/19WIDlX 7 hours ago
- New book identifies this as 1st rock and roll album -- in 1938 bit.ly/11OPD6s 1 day ago
- Warning sign that Lenin was centrally planning toilet time on train back to Russia on.wsj.com/15YHAp7 1 day ago
- Why are they singing pro-Confederacy song "Maryland, my Maryland" at Preakness horse race? 2 days ago
- RT @hangingnoodles: "a self-satirizing plan…pouring in money to a fictional government” nyti.ms/109RU9m @bill_easterly NYT on Mali … 3 days ago